Even many advantage if have using by Reverse Osmosis. Similarly, the disadvantages of reverse osmosis are several, but the main that to remember is that additional steps are required for complete purification Mainly in industrial sectors i.e post treatment .
1. The System cost will be higher
2. The High Pressure Pump is required to extract Clear water from the membrane element.
3. Feed water quality to be maintained as per membrane mfr.., instruction similarly no one mfr to make the membrane for industrial Effluent application
4. The feed water should have Chlorine (Cl2) Free Water or other wise element gets spoiled
5. RO membranes cannot block chlorine or other chemical contaminants.Similarly they cannot block bacteria or microns smaller than the size of the pores in the membrane.Those are only two things, but they are very important.No, because of the presence of chemicals, bacteria and micron particles is the complete answer to “does reverse osmosis make water safe to Drink”.
6. In a complete system, carbon filters, chemical or UV disinfection and additional micron filters are used to completely purify. Then minerals are added back into the water, because drinking de-mineralized or distilled on a regular basis has been shown to cause health problems.After re-mineralization and adjusting the pH levels, the liquid can then be deemed “safe”.
7. We should take care perfect & Continuous Monitor while running and stopping, once the system is running don’t stop long while the element will damaged